I want to share 4 truths about nursing school that no one else is going to tell you, because they suck. But I want you to succeed. I want you to reach the goal of RN . . . so I’m going to share some harsh realities with you.
- Stop complaining
- If you have plans to run home and watch Game of Thrones and then you plan to whine about a C . . .just STOP. If you aren’t giving 110% then I don’t want to hear you complain
- Someone is going to offend you
- Clinical professor
- Mature nurse
- Deal with it. Look them in the eye and have some courage. Tell them you are here to learn and you expect them to teach you.
- Stop grade grubbing
- One question on one test isn’t going to make the difference in you saving a patients life.
- Do you know the material? Great.
- No patient is EVER going to ask you what your GPA was. They just want to know that when shit hits the fan you know how to save their life. Stop crying to a professor about how “unfair a test question is”
- It’s not easy
- Don’t put you hand out and wait for someone to give you all the answers. Don’t call your mom in tears because you had to work a 12 hour shift. Seriously, this is one of the hardest jobs in the world
Listen to the Episode:
Date Published - Oct 2, 2017
Date Modified - Jun 21, 2019