Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- "I will make sure he eats a lot of sunflower seeeds."
- "I will make sure to increase his fiber and protein intake."
- "I will provide only a few larger meals during the day."
- "I will limit his fluid intake to 2L/day."
- "I will follow up to make sure we have appointments scheduled with physical and occupational therapy."
Sunflower seeds are high in Vitamin B6, which blocks the effects of antiparkinson's drug. They should not suddenly increase their intake of these. She should encourage fluid intake, not limit it. Patients with Parkinson's benefit from small. frequent, nutrient-dense meals rather than fewer, larger meals. Increasing protein and fiber intake, as well as communicating with PT/OT to ensure they've got appointments lined up is very appropriate.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.