Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- Educate your patient and their loved ones that they must use soap and water to wash their hands and not antimicrobial hand sanitizer/gel
- Place the patient in a negative airflow room
- Obtain gowns, gloves, face masks, and shoe covers to be worn in the room at all times
- Obtain a door sign indicating the level of precaution and necessary personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Place the patient in a private room
Enteric precautions are required for patients with clostridium difficile. This includes appropriate signage and PPE (gowns and gloves), as well only using soap and water to wash hands. Negative airflow is necessary with airborne precautions, which are not needed in this situaiton. Shoe covers and masks are not required for enteric precautions.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.