Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- Discuss the risks of declining the treatment
- Talk about the patient’s plans for litigation
- Allow the patient to bring up any concerns or questions for discussion
- Educate the patient about how infection starts
- Determine why the patient wants to refuse the treatment
Some patients may refuse care, even when it is in their best interest to receive it. The reasons for refusing care vary with patients, but when a refusal occurs, the nurse can still act to support the patient. This is done by discussing the situation with the patient in a non-threatening manner and determining if there are any factors that could be changed that would change the patient’s point of view.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.