Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- Mobilizing law enforcement and first responders to help the victims
- Establishing a chain of command to communicate disaster relief efforts
- Ensuring that back up water supplies are available in case of shortage
- Assessing the physical structures in the community to determine if they can withstand severe weather
- Gathering supplies for an emergency kit to use in case of any injuries
Hazard mitigation describes preventive measures that would be taken to prepare a community for an outbreak of severe weather and to reduce the risks to property and health of the population. Mitigation is performed before the disaster so that when it occurs, the community will be prepared and have the materials they need to prevent further injury and harm to those affected.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.