Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- Ensure that the patient is placed in a private room
- Place a Caution sign on the patients door
- Keep instructions specific to the patients care in a chart in the radiation department
- Put on a film badge to check exposure each time the nurse enters the patients room
- Keep the trash can lined with a plastic bag
A patient who receives internal radiation as part of treatment for cancer can put others around him at risk by exposing them to the radiation. The nurse must take several measures to protect herself when caring for this patient by ensuring he is in a private room and wearing a film badge at all times that will demonstrate how much exposure has occurred. The nurse must also keep linens and trash separate from that of other patients to best protect them.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.