Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- An unconscious patient may mouth breathe, further indicating the need for oral hygiene
- If the nurse does not perform oral hygiene, the patient’s mouth may crack and bleed
- The nurse should brush and floss the patient’s teeth every two hours
- When performing oral hygiene, the nurse should keep the head of the bed flat
- After cleaning the mouth, the nurse can apply moisturizer to the patient’s lips
Oral hygiene is important for any patient, but an unconscious patient may be at higher risk of infection or complications if he does not receive adequate oral hygiene. The nurse should brush the patient’s teeth and clean the mouth on a regular basis, applying moisturizer to the lips to avoid cracking and drying.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.