Want to Take FREE Nursing Practice Questions?
We have put together the World's Largest Bank of Nursing Practice Questions, and are letting you have access for FREE! You get to test out the system with 25 free nursing practice questions to start, and then memberships start at only a few bucks per month! Get started now for free - no credit card required!
- Turn the patient onto his left side
- Remove the dressing from the site
- Remove the arterial line and inspect the tip of the catheter
- Apply direct pressure to the site for 5 minutes after catheter removal
- Administer pain medications to the patient as needed
When removing an arterial line, the nurse must ensure that she protects the patient from excess bleeding from the site. The nurse should remove the dressing and the line and then apply direct pressure to the site for 5 minutes afterward.
How Would You Rate The Quality of This Question?
We’re always trying to improve, so your feedback is vital to helping us make this resource as good as possible. Was it well written? Good content?
How Other Nurses Stack Up
Answered The Question Correctly.