Masen Mills (@nurse_muscles) journey into nursing was very nontraditional. In fact it reminded me a lot of my own (job he hated, new baby, contemplated nursing for years).
He does all this while finishing a second Bachelors degree, being a husband and parent, and working a travel nursing job over 200 miles away from home . . . yeah . . . he’s a beast.
In this episode we discuss a TON of stuff . . . in fact we had so much to talk about we talked an additional hour or so after we finished recording.
We talk about:
- How to find an OR job right out of school.
- Getting over the hurdles that are keeping you from applying to nursing school.
- Travel nursing.
- The role of fitness in nursing.
- How to eat and live healthy even if you work night shift.
- How he “get’s it all done”.
Date Published - Feb 1, 2016
Date Modified - Apr 16, 2019