- Do not blindly follow orders; practice with a questioning attitude
- Quote from Scrubs, the TV show
- Nurse (to doctor): “Doug wanted me to give him 500,000 mg of morphine… I thought I’d check with you first before I killed a man.”
- Doctors and ordering providers may order or write for the incorrect thing when they meant something different, they may have put an order in on the wrong chart, or wrote an incorrect dosage.
- This is why there are many checks and balances… the ordering provider, the pharmacist, the nurse and so forth
- Report errors and incidents appropriately
Date Published - May 31, 2017
Date Modified - May 30, 2017