- Various factors can influence the likelihood that a patient will get injured
- Age and developmental stage: elderly as well patients that may physically be older, but mentally younger
- Lifestyle: do they use seat belts? Do they drive impaired (alcohol, texting/using their smartphone?) Do they use drugs recreationally? Do they own guns?
- Mental status: confusion, meds or recreational drugs that influence level of alertness and decision-making capabilities
- Environmental factors: rugs at home, tripping hazards (for example, oxygen tubing), unsafe living environments, sanitation issues
Date Published - Mar 13, 2017
Date Modified - Dec 7, 2018